Mission Statement: The Victimology Section membership is committed to raising the awareness of the field of Victimology. The mission of the Section is to bring together academy members with a particular interest in victimology in order to:
- facilitate and encourage research and theory development related to victimology;
- encourage appropriate and effective teaching techniques and practices for victimology-related courses;
- encourage organization of and participation in conference sessions related to victimology; and
- serve as a resource network for and encourage interaction among academic, research, practitioner and policy-making sectors to further the knowledge in victimology.
- Members’ interests include, but are not limited to; criminal victimization, crime prevention, interpersonal violence, child maltreatment, domestic and sexual violence, victim trauma, victim rights and services for victims.
- Initiatives include a syllabus bank, teaching tools file, New Scholar award, Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/acjsvictimology - and a collaborative pre-annual conference event.
- Debra Stanley (Chairperson) – email@example.com
- Leila Dutton (Vice Chairperson) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Frogge (Secretary/Treasurer) – email@example.com
- Cortney Franklin (Counselor) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Palmer (Counselor) – email@example.com
- Heather Pfeifer (Counselor) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Quinn (Counselor) – email@example.com
- Duane Ruth-Heffelbower (Publications Officer) – firstname.lastname@example.org